Dienstag, 15. Februar 2011

Durga

Durga hailing from San Diego, US was one of the dopest Screamo/Hardcore bands around the late 90's/early 00's with a strange & chaotic noise sound which is freakin amazing!!!

Bio: "So this Band has been described as The Locust without Blast Beats, its just one of the records that feels like its slowly crawling on you when you listen to it but you like the way it feels. 
Their sound is characterized by mid tempo groves, savage female vocals and eerie keyboards that lay on top of the music. "You'll burn and weep and suffer..."
Featuring members who later went on to be in The Plot to Blow Up The Eiffel Tower (vocalist Brandon Welchez of Plot on drums and guitarist Chucky Rowell of Plot playing keyboard), Carla Bozulich, Dum Dum Girls, The Prayers, Some Girls, Ground Unicorn Horn, Business Lady, Blood Robots, & Crocodiles.
Durga released a s/t 7”, then a tour cd to coincide with their disastrous US tour with Montcalm. 
They released one last 7” titled Earn Your Red Wings Mormon before sadly calling it a day."

If you are into some screamy hardcore with hits of sick noise sounds you must check Durga definitely the fuck out!

Earn Your Red Wings Mormon+7"
Facebook: Today and Tomorrow














































































5 Kommentare:

  1. So I'm glad you like them, and I also like that you took some of my description of them from their lastfm that I wrote. They were really good friends of mine.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Please please man! So your description is just the best and I like it really much! Oh really? So by the way you know I can get the 7"? I saw the 7" on Discogs but they are away... ))))):

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. i don't even know if you check this anymore, but i got rid of my durga seven inches years ago. sorry duder.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I loved that band! I am so excited to find the whole 7" uploaded. I listened to that record so many times.

    AntwortenLöschen